Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Willing to Assist with Bazaar

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Willing to Assist with Bazaar
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 15:59:20 -0400

Assaf Gordon wrote:

> Besides, it really sounds like something that should be easy to do...
> With git/hg/cvs/svn it was trivial.
> I'm sure there's a way to do with BZR, I simply haven't found it.

I'm going to be blunt and say: don't bother.
There are only ~ 11 projects on Savannah using bzr that saw any changes
committed in 2014:

aris
dragbuilder
drupal-el
emacs
enwc
gccintro-es
gnewsense
gnukart
librejs
netsukuku
wdiff

(To get this information I cheated and looked on the server.
I may have missed a few, but I imagine this is broadly correct.)

The number will only decrease in future. E.g. Emacs will switch to git
sometime "soon".

I speak as someone who was a happy user of bzr, but its time has passed.

> Half-jokingly, OpenHub is not Free (as in freedom),

The relevant code is, AFAIK.

https://github.com/blackducksw/ohloh_scm
https://github.com/blackducksw/ohcount

But this is not really on-topic, just wanted to save you spending time
re-inventing wheels.