Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] [gnu.org #1108405] [savannah] CVS: Unable

From: Thérèse Godefroy
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] [gnu.org #1108405] [savannah] CVS: Unable to open lock files
Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 19:11:43 +0200

Le 12/05/2016 18:28, Rubén Rodríguez Pérez via RT a écrit :
>> address@hidden - Mon May 09 08:02:58 2016]:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have been sending patches to package maintainers to upgrade their web
>> pages. Since they are very busy, I offered to commit the patches myself,
>> and many of them accepted. So I did commit many patches, but in four
>> cases so far (gnudos, gnutrition, leg, and smalltalk) the commit failed
>> with the following error:
>>
>> /webcvs/leg/leg/index.html,v  <--  index.html
>> new revision: 1.21; previous revision: 1.20
>> cvs [commit aborted]: could not open lock file
>> `/webcvs/leg/leg/,index.html,': Permission denied
>>
>> Do those repos require special privileges?
>> Thanks for any clue.
>
> Hello Therese,
>
> there was a problem with file permissions on the new server that was
> addressed today. Please check if it works now, and thanks for the pointer!
>
> Regards,
>

> Bob Proulx wrote:
>> TL;DR: I will coordinate with the FSF admins to get this fixed.
>> Nobody knew there were ACLs in use.  I am sure they weren't copied.
>
> Ruben mounted the previous file system and then exported-imported the
> ACLs from the old over to the new.  Hopefully this is all fixed now.
>
> I won't have time to test this myself as I will be offline from now
> until the end of the day.  Please let us know if things are okay for
> you or not still not okay.
>
> Bob

Hello Reuben, hello Bob,

The problem is that I am unable to connect to any of the repositories:
CVS (www), Git (www-fr), and even emailselfdefense (enc)! And MCSim's
maintainer, Frédéric Bois, told me at 13:20 UTC that he couldn't reach
his CVS repo either. But this may be unrelated to Savannah because we
have the same ISP (Free SAS).

This is what I have been getting all day:

-----------------------
~/enc (master) $ git pull                  <-- Email Self-Defense
Connection closed by 208.118.235.160

and the repository exists.
-----------------------
~/www-fr (master) $ git pull
Connection closed by 208.118.235.72

and the repository exists.
-----------------------
~/www $ cvs update
Connection closed by 208.118.235.72
cvs [update aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
any)

The last time I committed to www was on 7 May 2016 20:40:14.
But I can connect to fencepost by SSH.

I'm going to ask Frédéric whether he finally committed to his repo, but
I would be surprised if he did.

Thanks a lot anyway for fixing the permissions.

Thérèse