Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Volunteer

From: Svetlana Tkachenko
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Volunteer
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2021 13:13:31 +1100

Hi Chase

> I am looking for a way to get involved. I have a background in Computer
> Science with a minor in Cyber Security.

http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/HowToBecomeASavannahHacker/ has a few tips.
Are any of them of interest to you? If unsure, you might want to consider such
questions as

* what OS are you familiar with
* did you program before, if so, in what language
* are you familiar with software licences and copyright - if so, you might wish
to volunteer with processing new submissions to check that they satisfy the
software hosting requirements
* or perhaps there is something else that you would like to work on or improve
in how GNU Savannah works

Please note live chat discussion channel is #savannah at Libera
(http://www.libera.chat) where mentoring can be provided via plain text chat in
real time.

Thanks
Svetlana