[Savannah-hackers] re: MFS - Minix from Scratch

From: Will Senn
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] re: MFS - Minix from Scratch
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 08:26:02 -0500

I haven't heard from y'all regarding my request, but I wanted to update you on the status of our project. I hope to hear from you soon, as I want to get the project hosted quickly.

Update: MFS - Minix from Scratch has received the permission from Linux From Scratch founder Gerard Beekmans to use the name MFS - Minix from Scratch. Although this was not a legal requirement or necessity, it does pave the way for us to use the name and to explain that indeed, our choice of name was inspired by LFS.

On another note, I chose the Gnu Documentation License from the drop down list - I would feel more comfortable with a less restrictive licensing model. Is it possible to simply have an attribution license? Placing no restrictions other than to require that the copyright be included in all derivative works and that attribution to the project be maintained?

Sincerely,

Will Senn