[sr #111059] stop discarding infromation in "Duplicate posts"

From: Dave
Subject: [sr #111059] stop discarding infromation in "Duplicate posts"
Date: Mon, 6 May 2024 11:48:24 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #3, sr #111059 (group administration):

[comment #2 comment #2:]
> [comment #0 original submission:]
> > what I want to see is a dump of the field changes that were submitted, and
above all the text of the comment that couldn't be posted, because that often
takes a lot of time and thought to compose.

> Thank you, done.

Thank you!  Unlike Branden's experience, my browser tends not to cache this
data, so being able to recover it is immensely helpful.

> [comment #1 comment #1:]
> > ...it does nothing to prevent collisions...
>
> No, it doesn't.  The server could add the previous state to the form and
then check against it, but that would be more than a dozen or two lines of
Savane code.

And is a separate issue, so should have its own ticket if something is to be
done with it.  I'd like to see it, but it's low priority for me.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?111059>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.nongnu.org/