Re: [task #16458] Submission of util-ironclad

From: streaksu
Subject: Re: [task #16458] Submission of util-ironclad
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2023 17:19:00 +0000

>  First, note that "the MIT license" doesn't
> [//www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#Expat identify a license
> unambiguously]: people use it to refer a number of various licenses. What
> mlibc uses looks like the Expat license. Please be more specific when
> discussing such matters.

Thanks for the heads up, I was not aware of the confusion caused by using
the term "MIT license", the more you learn, the less you know!

> I would approve it, but since this package is very closely related, have you
> considered adding another git repository to Ironclad instead of creating a new
> Savannah group?

I was not aware of the option of having an additional repository under the same
savannah project page prior to your response, and I do not think it is a bad
idea at all, especially if it simplifies the webadmin work. If possible, I think
I will go for that path.

>From what I have read about the topic, it seems to be done by request.
Should I file a support ticket?