[task #16483] Submission of x15 kernel

From: Corwin Brust
Subject: [task #16483] Submission of x15 kernel
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2024 20:32:12 -0500 (EST)

Update of task#16483 (group administration):

             Assigned to:                    None => carlc

Follow-up Comment #1:

Hi Agustinea!

Thanks for your submission!

I'm just glancing now for the first time at this request and the very first
thing I notice (peeking at the link you have supplied for a tarball of your
project sources) is a README talking about "Open Source".  Among other hosting
requirements we ask that you not refer to "Open Source", but rather to free
software (notwithstanding any efforts you go to toward helping your users
understand the difference).

Additionally, I see from your COPYING file that you provide the GPLv3 license.
 We require hosted projects to be forward compatible to new license versions.

Can I ask you, as a first step while I review your application and project
more closely, to update your README to use the term Free Software instead of
"Open Source" (e.g. "This program is free software" and also to be clear with
users that they may elect to use a newer version of the license?   There is
some suggested text for this which I would suggest adding directly to the
README to address both of these concerns in the GPL how-to:

https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html#license-notices

For reference, here are our full hosting requirements:

https://savannah.gnu.org/register/requirements.php

Please let me know when you've made that change.  I (and, potentially, others
from the team) will update with any additional questions or requests we have
for you, also.

If you have questions please don't hesitate to ask.  Alternately, if as you
review the requirements and consider the various changes we will ask (probably
adding similar notices on many other files, at minimum), you decide you don't
want to proceed let me know and I will close this request.

Thanks again for considering hosting your Free Software projects with
Savannah!

Corwin

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?16483>

Message sent via Savannah