sed-devel

Re: How to run tests for sed?

From: Assaf Gordon
Subject: Re: How to run tests for sed?
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2017 16:07:46 +0000

Hello,

On Thu, Mar 09, 2017 at 05:25:14PM +0800, kk wrote:
In version 4.2.2 of sed, I can run "make buildtest-TESTS" to build the
test, because in the directory testsuite there was a file named
Makefile.in, but in version 4.4 of sed, the Makefile.in was removed.

Indeed, in sed-4.3 we switched to non-recursive make [1],
meaning there is one central Makefile and few included 'local.mk' files.

[1] https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/sed.git/commit/?id=3b29bece3e

Under normal circumstances this should not affect users:
The standard way to run tests is simply to use 'make check' in the main sed directory.

To skip gnulib's tests and run only sed's tests, use:
   make check SUBDIRS=.

regards,
- assaf