Re: spamass-milt and user_prefs in SQL

From: Eric (Kagi Engineer)
Subject: Re: spamass-milt and user_prefs in SQL
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 09:55:32 -0700

 Mike,

Thanks for the quick response. I installed the patch yesterday and it seems to work great. Its just what I needed. Sorry I didn't check the patch list, for some reason I thought the latest version was up to date :)

Thanks again,
Eric

Mike Smith wrote:

Hi Eric,

Take a look at the patches listed on the spamass-milter website. You need
patch 381 :)

- Mike

Greetings,

We are in the process of setting up spamassassin for site-wide use and
our volume is such that we have to use spamass-milter.  We also have a
strange need, in that we have thousands of email addresses that we
forward email for that do not correspond with a real user on the mail
server.  So we would like store spamassassin user_prefs in SQL. However,
in order to do that spamd needs the different "user" for each email
passed to it (so it can lookup the prefs for that user).  I'm wondering
if spamass-milt can do this currently (I don't see that it does from the
source code), or if this is a planned feature?  If not, I'm thinking an
idea would be to parse the "To:" header and obtain the "user" and then
pass it on to spamc with the -u option.

Thanks,
Eric