Re: connection level whitelist/blacklists anyone?

From: Dan Nelson
Subject: Re: connection level whitelist/blacklists anyone?
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 13:10:29 -0600

In the last episode (Mar 12), Tony Shadwick said:
> On Wed, 12 Mar 2003, Dan Nelson wrote:
> > In the last episode (Mar 11), Sam Robertson said:
> > > Would this be useful to anyone?  Has it already been proposed?
> >
> > Are you looking for a modification to spamassassin to allow the
> > connecting IP to be passed to it so you can have rules trigger off it?
> > I agree that would be nice.
>
> So what, it rejects the mail with an error message like: Refused by
> SpamAssassin reason: you have been blacklisted here

You can do that (although my IP-based lists go right into
/etc/mail/aliases and sendmail blocks them before SA sees anything),
but I was thinking more along the lines of having another SpamAssassin
rule that looked the sender's IP and domain up in the rfc-ignorant.org
lists.  It would also cut down on the number of DNS lookups SA has to
perform for the other DNSBL checks.  I think it currentlly checks every
IP in all Received: headers.

--
        Dan Nelson
        address@hidden