Re: whitelisting recipients

From: Derek J. Balling
Subject: Re: whitelisting recipients
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 10:20:40 -0400

On Tuesday, June 3, 2003, at 10:15 AM, Dan Nelson wrote:

In the last episode (Jun 03), Derek J. Balling said:
I'm thinking of deploying spamass-milter into our work environment,
but we have some employees (mostly sr. mgmt.) who get very irate if
ANY of their mail is rejected.

Is there any way to configure spamass-milt to "not do rejection, only
do header-modifications" for some recipients, WITHOUT using per-user
configurations in their home directory (because, for example, dumb as
it may sound, they want <address@hidden> to be unfiltered, and
that's just an alias to someone else's mailbox), so it'd have to be
something keyed off the RCPT.

I add "whitelist_to address@hidden" lines to spamassassin's local.cf for people
like this.

Does this work when you get something like:

From: <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>

and <address@hidden> is a member of address@hidden

because my reading of `perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf` would seem to indicate otherwise. :-/