Re: whitelisting recipients

From: Derek J. Balling
Subject: Re: whitelisting recipients
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 13:00:59 -0400

On Wednesday, June 4, 2003, at 12:55  PM, Dan Nelson wrote:

In the last episode (Jun 03), Derek J. Balling said:
On Tuesday, June 3, 2003, at 12:57 PM, Dan Nelson wrote:
Depends on the rest of the headers in that message.  According to the
faq at http://spamassassin.taint.org/faq/index.cgi?req=all#4.11 ,
spamassassin cannot directly access the envelope headers (even through
our milter can see them).

Why couldn't we add another option: in our (spamass-milt) config,
allow for whitelisting based on the RCPT argument and/or the MAIL
argument?  (e.g., if it matches that criteria, don't even hand it off
to spamassassin, or alternatively, override the "block at this many
points" criteria)

Considering Spamassassin already has a nice config file and expression
language for this, I was hoping to leverage that and let SA do the work
of parsing everything.

Right, except the RCPT never GETS to spamassassin, so there's no way to let SA do that work, unless I'm missing something.