Re: logging question

From: Dan Nelson
Subject: Re: logging question
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 14:09:12 -0500

In the last episode (Jun 10), Thomas Cameron said:
> I am getting tons of "Unmatched Entry" milter-add and milter-change
> messages in my daily logwatch e-mails.
>
> Is there an easy way to make this stuff either get logged to another
> log file or turn down the verbosity?  I tried -d 1 and it is still
> awfully chatty.

If you're not trying to troubleshoot a problem, you don't need to
spamass-milter with any -d flags at all.  I think you can reduce the
amount of libmilter logging by changing the sendmail Milter.LogLevel
(aka confMILTER_LOG_LEVEL) variable. It defaults to 9, but I don't know
what gets dropped as you lower it.

http://www.sendmail.org/m4/tweaking_config.html

--
        Dan Nelson