Re: Passing of username and domain to spamc

From: Chuck Yerkes
Subject: Re: Passing of username and domain to spamc
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 15:08:25 -0400

Quoting Ryan Moore (address@hidden):
> I do see that you can pass the recipient username to spamc, however we
> host many domains on our mail server and I plan on storing user prefs in
> a SQL db with the full email address as the username in the database. Is
> there a way to get the milter to pass the full email address as the
> username?

If you replace "SQL db" with "LDAP" find MUCH better performance and
easier integration into sendmail.

Userprefs are perfect for LDAP (read often, write only occasionally)
as is mail information.  And it replicates easily.

And you can keep all maps in LDAP.

Which has a side effect that your milters can do easy LDAP lookups
(where virtusertable/aliases are nigh impossible without a non-existant
library from sendmail).