option -r

From: Andreas Vogt
Subject: option -r
Date: 16 Jul 2003 00:00:00 GMT

Hi together at spamass-milt-list,

I recently updated spamass-milter to 0.2.0 (using together with sendmail
8.12.9 and spamassassin 2.54), because I had some Problems using
Option "-r" on 0.1.3a:

I'm using options -p .... -f -r 10
an spamass-milter is using these options!
(ps ax | grep spamass-milter )

I can see in /var/log/mail quite a lot of blocked spam
(... Blocked by spamassassin ...), so it works, partially.

I (and others) still get recognized and tagged SPAM with scores far over
10 points, so spamass-milter sometimes blocks spam, sometimes not.

I couldn't get the differences.
First, I thought this could happen, as many mails come from a secondary MX
MTA, which is allowed to connect/relay and I'm usind delayed checks (in
sendmail configuration). But even mails relayed by this host sometimes are
blocked, sometimes not.

So what can I do to get deeper in this problem, to find out  why this
happens?

I found some questions about these probs in archive , dated in March. But
they had no resolutions so far. Does anybody else encounter this kind of
problem or found a solution?

Bye
Andreas