Upcoming sendmail features

From: Chuck Yerkes
Subject: Upcoming sendmail features
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 13:49:36 -0400

Looking through the sendmail source (don't ask), I
find some interesting FFRs.   FFR (for future release)
is often code that's come in since the major release.
Sendmail's "rules" are that features may NOT be added
without bumping the release (eg. 8.12 -> 8.13).

As 8.12 approaches 30 months since it "froze", we find
lots of new features in there for specific problems or
for their commercial code, etc.

One of interest is:
_FFR_MILTER_PERDAEMON
        /* Per DaemonPortOptions InputMailFilter lists */

With this implemented (and you'll need to figure it out yourself
- "here be dragons" and it's unsupported, perhaps broken at this
time, and perhaps will disappear), you get to run milters per
DaemonPortOptions.

So one IP address may have milters on it, where the daemon on
another IP address has different, or no, milters.

This addresses long problems and, on DMZ machines, lets me have
Internet mail come to one address (and filter for spam) and OUTBOUND
mail go to another IP address and not be filtered.

I don't know the 8.13 release plans, but bring this to light as
"interesting."

chuck