Re: CVS - no ./configure?

From: Joost van Baal
Subject: Re: CVS - no ./configure?
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 18:57:56 +0200

On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 09:50:40AM -0700, Todd Lyons wrote:
> Thomas Cameron wanted us to know:
>
> >OK, disregard my last silly question - I was going to build the RPM but
> >rpmbuild barfed because there is no configure script.  IIRC there used to
> >be.  Am I missing something?
> >
> >Please help this lowly non-programming sysadmin!
>
> In the spec file, change the build macro:
>
> %build
> ./autogen.sh
> %configure
> %{__make} %{?_smp_mflags}

Or, alternatively, build your RPM from a .tar.gz package.  In order to do this,
first
build the .tar.gz from CVS.  Generally, this is done by running

 ./autogen.sh
 ./configure
 make distcheck

.  Now, handle the .tar.gz as you would handle any source tarball.  No need
to have a specialized spec file: the tar.gz _does_ ship with a configure.

Bye,

Joost

--
Joost van Baal                            http://abramowitz.uvt.nl/