Re: -r and -B/b ?

From: Jack L. Stone
Subject: Re: -r and -B/b ?
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 08:18:46 -0600

At 11:13 AM 12.6.2004 +0100, Carsten Emde wrote:
>Hi,
>>> I finally got tired of running daemontools to keep spamass-milter
>>> from dying & just switched to milter-spamc and so far really like
>>> it -- I stuck with SM for a long time and was really reluctant to
>>> change, but it needs work.
>> I don't know what "daemontools" is, but I do know that spamass-milter
>> is rock solid for me, no sign of a hiccup let alone a crash on my
>> Linux machine.
>The released version had, indeed, several problems, and often stopped
>working so I had to write a watchdog that restarted it when in went
>away. I then found a notice that the CVS version has all that fixed.
>After I checked out the CVS version and installed it (about a month
>ago), everything is working without any problem on several systems. I
>had no one failure since then. To my opinion, spamass-milter is a great
>piece of software (BTW thanks for the good work), it simply would merit
>an new release.
>
>Carsten.

I was running spamass-milter-0.2.0_5 from FBSD ports (on FBSD-4.10). Is
there some version later than that? I believe ports system is a CVS thing
-- but....??

Where is the CVS version?

BTW: It was not my intention to bad mouth spamass-milter. Buggy or not, it
has served my needs well and am/was glad it was there. If it is indeed
buggy-free, I would like to continue with it instead of something new &
just for the sake of changing.

BTW2: I could never get the -B to work either and never got an answer when
I posted about it when the switch first appeared.

Happy trails,
Jack L. Stone

System Admin
Sage-american