Re: Version 0.3.0 Released

From: Dan Nelson
Subject: Re: Version 0.3.0 Released
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 15:56:09 -0600

In the last episode (Feb 09), Jeffrey Ramsay said:
> The milter was no longer listed from "ps" and they were "error state"
> messages in the maillog file. I'm running sendmail 8.12.11 as a pass
> through host enabling this milter along with clamav. The only other
> error I could find so far is an unable to connect to
> "dcc1.dcc-servers.net".

Do this:  Run "ulimit -c unlimited", then start spamass-milter.  When
it crashes, take the core file generated (could be called core,
core.####, spamass-milter.core, or something similar, depending on your
os), and run:

BSD/Linux (or any system with gdb):
    $ gdb /path/to/spamass-milter spamass-milter.core
    (gdb) thread apply all where
Solaris:
    $ pstack core
Tru64:
    $ ladebug /path/to/spamass-milter core
    (ladebug) where

If you can't find any corefiles at all, you can run the milter within
gdb:

    $ gdb /path/to/spamass-milter
    $ run <put your spamassassin comandline args here>

and when it crashes just run "thread apply all where".

--
        Dan Nelson
        address@hidden