RE: Question about how to invoke spamd for SQL.

From: Nate Schindler
Subject: RE: Question about how to invoke spamd for SQL.
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 09:16:49 -0700

I don't store bayes or awl in mysql, just some global config and all user
config information.  So, this isn't exactly what you're looking for, but it may
help until somebody else gives you a better answer. ;)

I start spamd with: -d -m5 -x -q -u sharedspam -H /home/sharedspam
--max-conn-per-child=100
"sharedspam" is a dummy account.  It's where I keep the .spamassassin folder.

I start spamass-milter with this: -f -i 10.10.3.0/24 -e riconcorp.com -u
sharedspam -m -r -1 -p /var/run/sendmail/spamass.sock
10.10.3.0/24 is our internal server range and riconcorp.com is our internet
domain.

in local.cf:

# User-level exceptions database
user_scores_dsn DBI:mysql:spamassassin:localhost
user_scores_sql_username <database_username>
user_scores_sql_password <database_password>

# Home directory and permissions
bayes_path /home/sharedspam/.spamassassin/bayes
auto_whitelist_path /home/sharedspam/.spamassassin/auto-whitelist
bayes_file_mode 777
auto_whitelist_file_mode 777
hashcash_doublespend_path /home/sharedspam/.spamassassin/hashcash_seen
hashcash_doublespend_file_mode 777

# Bayes config
lock_method flock
use_bayes 1