Re: How do you limit the max size passed to SA

From: Dan Nelson
Subject: Re: How do you limit the max size passed to SA
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 23:16:50 -0500

In the last episode (May 06), R. Steven Rainwater said:
> I've just switched from smtp-vilter to spamass-milter and I can't figure
> out how to set the maximum message size passed to spamassassin. We have
> a very high volume mail server and it's important to have a cap on the
> size of emails being checked by SA so we can keep our server load under
> control. I've checked the man page but can't figure out how to do it.
> Can anyone help me out?

That's a spamc option.  The default is 250k and can be adjusted with
the -s option (see the spamc manpage).  To pass options to spamc, add
them to your spamass-milter commandline after a --:

  spamass-milter -i 127.0.0.1 -- -s 65536

will tell spamc to just hand messages over 64k right back to the milter
without running them through spamassasin.

--
        Dan Nelson
        address@hidden