Re: configure not find libmilter

From: Koichi Mori
Subject: Re: configure not find libmilter
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 18:51:42 +0900 (JST)

***I made mistake I sent From address****
***resent to ML****

Dan Nelson <address@hidden> wrote
in article Re: configure not find libmilter
at Tue, 22 Nov 2005 13:09:52 -0600
>Are you using the BIND package from ibiblio?  If that was installed
>before you compiled sendmail, that would explain why libmilter has
>references to __inet_addr.
>
>http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/packages/solaris/sparc/html/00README.packages.html#Trouble%20Shooting

No, I got BIND-8.4.6R from ISC. I got souce and made it.
I looked for ibiblio Site. There are only sol2.5(BIND8) or sol9(BIND9)
for BIND binary.
How to get Solaris 2.8 BIND8 binary?

>Try running "LIBS=-lbind ./configure".  If that works, I'll add
>libbind to the list of libraries configure checks for.

Its worked....(but I have to add LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/bind/lib)
BUT! the error was changed! "configure: error: Cannot find libmilter"
is same. but config.log is;

configure:7084: checking for mi_stop in -lmilter
configure:7114: g++ -o conftest -g -O2 -Wall -fno-default-inline -fno-inline -D_
REENTRANT -pthreads  -L/usr/local/bind/lib conftest.cc -lmilter  -lresolv -lsock
et -lnsl -lbind  >&5
__switch_gethostbyname              /usr/lib/libmilter.a(sm_gethost.o)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

How to remove this error?......
The probrem is in libmilter.a????

--