RE: spamass-milter -- connection refused error (random lockup)

From: Damian Menscher
Subject: RE: spamass-milter -- connection refused error (random lockup)
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 00:10:42 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 23 May 2006, Chan, Wilson wrote:

Extending the timeout shouldn't make a difference.  When you say
lockup, do you mean mail stops being delivered, or what?

The milter stops processing mail to SA, but because the INPUT_MAIL_FILTER has the "F=" flag, sendmail still relays the mail to my internal mail server. The maillog shows that the Milter went into an error state and connection is refused by /var/run/spamass.sock. Only way to get it working again is to shut sa-milter and restart it. This box processes about 10,000+ emails a day and im wondering if its because the milter cant handle the high load. Any ideas? Thanks!

You may want to run my milter_watch script out of cron to automatically restart after failures. Otherwise you'll wake up to a lot of spam in the morning....

  http://www.itg.uiuc.edu/itg_software/milter_watch/

Damian Menscher
--
-=#| <address@hidden> www.uiuc.edu/~menscher/ Ofc:(650)253-2757 |#=-
-=#| The above opinions are not necessarily those of my employers. |#=-