spamass-milter trying to chdir into /var/spool/mqueue?

From: John Guthrie
Subject: spamass-milter trying to chdir into /var/spool/mqueue?
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 00:38:53 -0400

Hello all,

I apologize if this has been asked before, I've googling for this, and almost
nothing has been turning up.

I recently upgraded one of my systems to spamass-milter 0.3.1 (More
technically, 0.3.1-5 From Red Hat EPEL.) and now I am seeing the following
on every message in the log:

NOQUEUE: SYSERR(sa-milt): can not chdir(/var/spool/mqueue/): Permission denied

spamass-milter is running as sa-milt, so I assume that this error is related
to that.  This does not seem to be affecting the functioning of the milter;
messages are still getting SpamAssassin headers added, tagged as spam when
necessary, etc.  My first question is why in the world would spamass-milter
be trying to chdir into /var/spool/mqueue?  Secondly, what can I do to get rid
of this error?  Should I be worrying about this error?

I am running spamass-milter with the arguments:

-i xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -x -u spamassassin -- -U
/var/run/spamassassin/spamassassin.sock

/var/spool/mqueue has perms of 700 and is owned by root:mail.  (These are system
defaults.)

Let me know if there is any other information that is needed.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

John Guthrie
address@hidden