Re: gnu soc status

From: phcoder
Subject: Re: gnu soc status
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 19:21:24 +0200

Hello. Unfortunately the first email was seen by gmail as spam. Yes, I already contribute to grub2 and today I submitted a big patch on which I was working already quite a some time. From the two projects I submitted application to I personally prefer TCP/IP which in my opinion is also higher in priority (I detailed the uses in my application). Also even if grub2 is supposed to be a replacement of grub1, grub2 lacks networking altogether (except in some contexts where it can rely on an external implementation of networking interface).
In case that there is now an additional slot to be filled that has not
yet been promised to another GNU subprojct, I would now undo my previous
statment and instead support this GRUB2 project (given the new input I
got today).
Thank you for your support of grub2.

Regards,
 Thomas