Re: GNU LilyPond and GSoC

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GNU LilyPond and GSoC
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 21:11:18 +0000

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 06:46:52PM -0200, Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-02-23 at 00:57 +0100, Janek Warchoł wrote:
> > my name is Janek Warchoł and i'm a GNU LilyPond (www.lilypond.org)
> > contributor.  We (LilyPond Team) want to participate in GSoC 2012, but
> > we don't have legal body to accept $500 that goes to the mentoring
> > organization.
>
> For projects participating in GSoC under the GNU umbrella, FSF is the
> legal body behind the process.

Thanks!  The GSoC application requires an IRS W8-BEN tax form from
the organization.  Should we fill out part of that, then send it
to you for a signature or whatever needs to be done?  Or do you
have "ready-made" forms filled out, since there are a number of
GNU projects that will be applying to GSoC?

> AFAIK, according to the terms of the program, it is up to the
> organization (GNU in our case) to decide where the mentor payment goes
> to.
>
> Currently the money goes to FSF, but I assume we can discuss that.

I'm fine with the money going to the FSF, especially since this is
a rather late application.

- Graham