Re: slots request

From: Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos
Subject: Re: slots request
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 12:30:21 +0200

2012/4/9 Janek Warchoł <address@hidden>:

>>> it sounds like a good idea if we can have a sub-rating for proposals
>>> to the same project.
>> Currently there are many applications with no votes is because,
>> probably, no-one is interested to mentor. The voted with mark over 4
>> proposals are 16. From them 3 had no mentor.
> LilyPond has one student (me) with two proposals and 3 mentors.  I
> don't know why this isn't in the system, though; i know that my
> mentors requested being accepted as GNU mentors.  Did you accept them?

They are accepted and your project is listed. However no lilypond
proposal has been graded by the lilypond mentors. I notice now that
gnulib has the same issue.

> Hmm.  While i'd love having 1 project from each package marked as
> amazing, will Google treat us seriously if we specify our lower
> threshold so close to the upper threshold?  I think they expect these
> numbers to differ at least by a factor of 2, probably more.  Note that
> they explicitly say "absolutely most amazing proposals".  Of course
> it's hard for an umbrella organization such as GNU to decide between
> packages...

I believe numbers will change once all mentors vote for their
projects. For some reason this has no happened. Is there a way to
directly contact them so that they do vote?

regards,
Nikos