Re: Amazing app for GNU Radio

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: Amazing app for GNU Radio
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 10:36:16 +0200

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 11:11:02PM +0200, Jose E. Marchesi wrote:
> Sorry, but that would be unfair to other projects who declared just one
> "amazing" app.  GNU Hurd was the only project asking for two before the
> deadline.  So I am afraid you will have to choose which of the GNU Radio
> apps will use your "amazing" slot.

Hi Jose,

we'll have to reconvene to decide (will try and get back to you ASAP).

However, let me just say this is the very first I've heard of the double
slot deadline. I know I came late to this mailing list, I missed
the chat session, I apologized, I asked for specifics (and so did Jens,
by the way, in a separate email), I perused the archives and I've been
idling in #gnu-soc every since.

It was therefore my understanding apparently, if you ask for two slots,
you get two slots, and now mentors should vote away on their
organization's proposals based on their quality.

So, until this thread started I was 100% certain that we had done
everything right and according to the plan.

If there's any more deadlines, I'd really appreciate to know. Hope this
sheds some light on the source of the confusion!

Cheerio
MB

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)