Re: Amazing app for GNU Radio

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: Re: Amazing app for GNU Radio
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 12:47:07 +0200

    >     Org have had 3 proposals since the beginning, and they were the first
    >     proposals to be rated "5".
    >
    >     When should I have declared them as "amazing"?
    >
    > See http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/summer-of-code/2012-04/msg00079.html

    Okay.  So I *did* declared Org proposals as amazing since I rated them
    with 5 before that deadline.

Ah, so that is the misunderstanding.

We were expecting for the projects wanting more than one amazing slot to
explicitly ask for them in the mailing list.  See this thread where we
summarized the counting of amazing proposals, also mentioning that the
Hurd project asked for 2:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/summer-of-code/2012-04/msg00088.html

That is the source of the "19" amazing proposals.

We apologize if that was not clear enough.  In any case, if we were
counting the average voting of the apps right now, org-mode would get
desired slots for all the apps... let's see if it is still the same by
tomorrow evening :)

--
Jose E. Marchesi         http://www.jemarch.net
GNU Project              http://www.gnu.org