Re: GSOC2013 ClassPath, Port The GTK+ AWT to Gtk+3

From: Andïï
Subject: Re: GSOC2013 ClassPath, Port The GTK+ AWT to Gtk+3
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 21:17:23 +0100

On 15 April 2013 20:15, Farshad Muhammad
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
> As per suggested i've been trying to build and install the GNU classpath on
> my ubuntu image, though i'm facing some issues. The clean build and install
> of classpath 0.99 works perfectly only if I use --disable-gtk-peer in the
> configure for the make. With the gtk-peer enabled i'm getting a lot of
> deprecated errors which is stopping the make from proceeding, i've debugged a
> couple of the errors (such as changing Pangoft2FontMap to PangoFontMap) but
> more seem to pop up everytime, is this normal? or do I need to do something
> extra for the build to work.

Ah yeah, there are some issues with 0.99 on newer issues due to its
age.  We really need to get a new release out.  It's just finding the
time.  Try building with --disable-Werror as a first start.  It's
probably worth familiarising yourself with the git version anyway, as
you'll need to use this to make changes anyway.

native/jni/gtk-peer/Makefile.am controls the build logic for the Gtk+ peer.

> I also had some questions for the conversion guide. The guide gives 4
> makefile CFLAG macros to check for certain things in preparation for gtk +3,
> such as finding deprecated functions or checking if the includes were valid.
> But i'm not quiete understanding where in the makefile do these macros go?
> From what I know they need to be appended properly to the makefile code for
> it to work, i've placed them in various locations in the makefile but havent
> had much luck with them doing what they need to do.
>
> Any help or pointers would be great!
> Thanks
> Farshad

Hope that helps,