Google encourages Octave to participate in GSoC under GNU.

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Google encourages Octave to participate in GSoC under GNU.
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 14:16:07 -0400

Just a heads up to everyone, jwe and I were just in IRC asking about
why Octave got rejected for the Google Summer of Code programme. The
Google representative responded that our application looked very good,
but they preferred for us to work under GNU like we have done in the
past. When GNU requests slots, some consideration will be given to how
many of those slots will be given to Octave. Quoting,

     <carols> please have [GNU] email me when were doing slot
     allocations to let me know what their desired slots for
     themselves and what their desired slots for you are.

- Jordi G. H.