Re: GSoC project for GNU GIMP

From: Jehan - GIMP
Subject: Re: GSoC project for GNU GIMP
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 14:20:53 +0100

Hello,

I am Jehan, one of the main developers of GIMP.

As a little background, GIMP has not subscribed to GSoC as a project for a few years now, one of the main reason being that I am nowadays one of the only developers still interested to be a mentor. And we considered this was not enough to subscribe ourselves as a GSoC project on our own.

Darshan is a student currently working on GIMP project through a FSF internship. He barely started a week-ago but had his first commit accepted and merged into our master tree yesterday. Hence so far, we are pleased with the internship. He proposed us a GSoC, which I would be happy to mentor. Yet as I said, we are not a GSoC organization. Therefore if GNU was willing to give one of its slot to GIMP as umbrella, we'd be happy to accept it. Of course maybe you already had plans so I am sorry to ask this late. It was a bit impromptu.

Thank you.
Regards,

Jehan