taler

[Taler] Translation conventions German

From: Lukas Großberger
Subject: [Taler] Translation conventions German
Date: Sun, 3 May 2020 13:06:36 +0200

Hi all,

exciting to see https://weblate.taler.net/ online, reducing the
threshold for people to contribute translations.

When I was suggesting a couple of German translations for the Taler
website, I noticed that we might need a brief documentation for German
translations regarding if and how gender neutral language is handled. I
now went with the strategy of netzpolitik.org and use the form of
"Benutzer:innen". However, that doesn't mean that we agree on this
strategy or that everyone is directly aware that there is a convention
like that.

1. Do we want to follow the ":" way to gender neutral language in German?
2. How do we document that convention such that anyone just logging in
on Weblate is aware of it?

Cheers, Lukas