Re: [Texmacs-dev] Native M1 version

From: TeXmacs
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Native M1 version
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 17:28:05 +0100

Hi Pierre-Henri,

On Mon, Nov 29, 2021 at 12:50:02AM +0100, Pierre-Henri Jondot wrote:
> > Be careful about the theme you are using.  As I said in a previous email,
> > there are four themes now.  When using the 'Legacy' theme, you may
> > experience
> > problems with the colors.  In the other three themes, these problems should
> > be solved (this is most likely the case for the 'Bright' and 'Dark' themes,
> > whereas I expect the existence of minor bugs with the 'Native' theme).
> > As the name indicates, the 'Dark' theme should be nice if you like to
> > work with dark mode.
>
> Actually I didn't select any mode at all, and the default mode was selected,
> but it seems indeed to point to Legacy.

Thanks for confirming.

> Bright is ok

Bis.

> (not sure I like Dark with the high contrast between everything in black
> except the text itself, still with a white background...

The dark mode is nice if you have it enabled for your other apps.
I think the contrast is OK, because it makes you focus naturally on the document
(rather than all the icons, labels, and any other decorations).

Note that you may combine it with the -r option when launching TeXmacs
for reverse video (if you really want everything to be black).

> A funny little bug when printing from TeXmacs : I wanted to print only page 4
> on my 4 pages document, and I got weird values in the combobox :
>
> (If you don't see the picture Joris, the Combobox gave me the choice for the
> first page of pages number 1, 5, 1, 2, 8, 3 in that order...

I guess that TeXmacs remembers previous values that you entered here...
I added reasonable defaults for the first and last page in revision 13817.

Best wishes, --Joris