Re: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs & Webassembly

From: TeXmacs
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs & Webassembly
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 21:23:52 +0100

Hi Max,

On Wed, Jan 26, 2022 at 07:04:24PM +0100, Massimiliano Gubinelli wrote:
> Sorry Joris,
>  my fault. I forgot an auxiliary file (on top of the image file). Now should
> work, a new upload here
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/y4rijsbuya2s827/TeXmacs-webassembly-2.zip?dl=0
> <https://www.dropbox.com/s/y4rijsbuya2s827/TeXmacs-webassembly-2.zip?dl=0>
>
> same procedude as the other. Call
>
> python3 -m http.server
>
> and visit
>
> http://localhost:8000/TeXmacs <http://localhost:8000/TeXmacs>.html

Thanks, now it works.  With lots of quirks though.
Especially the size of windows is problematic,
for instance when opening a menu.
But I managed to type some simple text and maths.

This looks very promising indeed.  I assume that we could
let TeXmacs run on one or more public servers in this way.
Any reason why you used the old Widkit instead of the Qt port?

Best wishes, --Joris