Re: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs & Webassembly

From: TeXmacs
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs & Webassembly
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 23:58:43 +0100

Dear Max,

On Fri, Jan 28, 2022 at 06:36:26PM +0100, TeXmacs wrote:
> Thanks, that is already far more usable indeed.  Next issues:
>   - I noted that the keyboard shortcuts are somewhat problematic,
>     since various modifier keys don't work.
>     Also, ^ did not work on a French keyboard.
>   - Similarly the contextual menus via the mouse don't work.
>   - The mouse pointer changes in weird ways.
>   - The status bar is vertically expanded on a large screen.
>   - Starting a plug-in makes TeXmacs freeze.  Maybe there is a way
>     to somehow avoid or escape freezes of this kind.

A few more points:

  - I don't know how file handling works exactly, but it would be nice if
    we were at least able to access files on the web.  Currently, we use
    wget for doing that and this does not seem to work with WebAssembly.
    But they probably provide some better way to do this?

  - Updating the extents of the window seems a bit buggy.

  - For changing some user preferences, we have to reboot TeXmacs.
    But this destroys the file system.  Is there some way to keep files
    that we created for a subsequent run?  Also useful for caching purposes
    by the way and the compilation process itself...

  - I get messages like "This webpage is using significant memory.
    Closing it may improve the responsiveness of your Mac".

  - I also tested with Chrome and it works.

Best wishes, --Joris