[Tinycc-devel] Optimise Copying Small Structures

From: Ziyao
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Optimise Copying Small Structures
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2022 14:47:38 +0800

Hi list,

I have recently pushed a commit(3715fd) which apply the optimisation I have
mentioned earlier here.

Everything works well except test 112_backtrace.Because my commit make
the error messages of bound checks vary from platform to platform.For
example,on x86_64 (the only platform effected by this commit) it would
be
        at f1: BCHECK: invalid pointer ........, size 0x? in struct copy
        destination
while on uneffected platforms,
        at f1: BCHECK: invalid pointer ........, size 0x? in memmove dest

This is because on x86_64 the calls to memmove has been replaced by a
series of instructions with an additional bound check function.

To make the test process continue,another commit 2d210fe has been pushed
to disable test 112_backtrace on x86_64.Then it is tested both on
x86_64 Debian11 and x86_64 Alpine 3.16.

If you think this is not the proper way to deal with the test,simply
revert commit 2d210fe.

Ziyao