Re: tramp (2.0.14); Tramp 2.0.14: endless loop queries password again a

From: Rainer Thiel
Subject: Re: tramp (2.0.14); Tramp 2.0.14: endless loop queries password again and again
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 22:49:36 +0200

At 21:44 28.08.02, Kai wrote:
Do you really get "Looking for pattern foo"?  The new version does
"Looking for regexp "foo" from remote shell".  So if you get the old
message, maybe you still have an old Tramp.

Did you update the *.elc files when you updated Tramp?

I never byte-compile any files while testing buggy packages (and I am not aware tramp gets distributed with .elc-files), but I made the mistake not to be aware that on the machine I was sitting at I still had installed v. 2.0.12. I've now installed v. 2.0.14 and installed the modified defun tramp-action-password from your previous message. I now get an entirely different error message: "Args out of range: 467, 523" (values vary).

I still think testing it out yourself may save us much work (remember I offered to share a password with you), but I am sure you've more experience how to deal with such a situation.

Thanks again,

Rainer

--
Priv.-Doz. Dr. Rainer Thiel
FB 10, Klass. Phil. - D-35032 Marburg, Germany (EU)