Re: Tramp and NT-Emacs with plink

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Tramp and NT-Emacs with plink
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 12:04:53 +0200

Jonathan Epstein <address@hidden> writes:

> Suggestion: it would be nice to have a way to disable some of the
> testing of the Perl code, so that things don't hang in this manner,
> and one can use other techniques such as uuencode.

Wah :-(  Well, of course it is possible to tell Tramp not to try this
method at all: see the variable tramp-coding-commands.  There you
just remote the tramp_encode and tramp_decode entry, and Bob's your
uncle.

I use a shortcut for testing the coding commands: I iterate over the
list tramp-coding-commands and perform a sanity check on each.  The
first one where the sanity check passes, I do a more extensive test.
But if that extensive test fails, I don't try the next entry in
tramp-coding-commands.

It seems that this should be changed.

kai
--
~/.signature is: umop 3p!sdn    (Frank Nobis)