filename format not right in INFO file

From: Steve Pothier
Subject: filename format not right in INFO file
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 20:20:10 -0700

The INFO for tramp-2.0.25 would seem to indicate that something like
  C-x C-f /[sm/address@hidden
should work under Emacs.

I tried that and got no indication that any TRAMP thing was being activited.
I finally looked more carefully at the REGEXP used in
tramp-file-name-structure to figure out what I needed.  That plus the "star
wars approach" (Use the Source, Luke) lead me to something more like:
   C-x C-f /ssh:address@hidden:.emacs

Still doesn't quite work for me (hangs) but it asks for a password and
connects. It seems that the documentation (or even the README) could have an
example such as the above added as an aid.

-sp-