Re: tramp (); doesn't automatically switch to buffer of found file.

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: tramp (); doesn't automatically switch to buffer of found file.
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 10:14:21 +0100

Adam Stallard <address@hidden> writes:

> When I find a file on a remote machine, emacs will store it in a buffer,
> but it doesn't automatically switch to that buffer.
>
> It gives this error message:
>
> apply: Wrong type argument: listp, 2579

This was reported just a couple of days ago, but I haven't had time
to look into it.  You're getting an error message, that's a promising
start for debugging.  Could you please do the following:

- Load tramp.el instead of tramp.elc (with M-x load-library RET
  tramp.el RET, for example).
- C-u 1 M-x toggle-debug-on-error RET to turn on debugging.
- Reproduce the problem.

You should now get a backtrace.  Please post it.