Re: tramp-2.0.29 tramp.texi fails on copyright, Again

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: tramp-2.0.29 tramp.texi fails on copyright, Again
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 06:29:19 +0100

address@hidden writes:

> Well, well. If I upgrade texinfo to the version on Red Hat 8.0,
> texinfo-4.2-5, I see the same error Harry Putnam saw on Sat, 09 Nov
> 2002
> (http://mail.nongnu.org/archive/html/tramp-devel/2002-11/msg00013.html).

Harry reported the same problem with @copying and @insertcopying
being undefined.  Didn't he?

> I also tried the version on Red Hat 7.2, texinfo-4.0b-3. It gave me
> the same problem with copyright I described before.
>
> Three versions of texinfo on three Red Hat distributions, and problems
> with all three?

The @copying stuff is new in Texinfo 4.2.  I didn't make a backward
compatibility option because the @copying requirement was political.
But maybe I should do the backward compat dance after all.  Also some
sort of Autoconf setup would be nice for Tramp.  Anyone out there
willing to snarf it from AUCTeX or Preview-LaTeX or Gnus or another
package and adapt it for Tramp?  That would be very cool.

Hm.  Does it work to use Emacs to format the thing?  C-x C-f
texi/tramp.texi RET, then M-x texinfo-format-buffer RET?
--
A turnip curses Elvis