Re: Tramp doesn't compile on my RedHat 8.0 system.¥

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Tramp doesn't compile on my RedHat 8.0 system.¥
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 21:16:23 +0200

Lars Bungum <address@hidden> writes:

> I have let it be for a while, and it seems to just freeze at this stage.
> Emacs does wake up after pressing ctrl-g, though.

The *debug tramp/foo* buffer was quite instructive.  I think it's a
problem with sending large chunks to the remote host.  Please type
C-h v tramp-chunksize RET and follow the instructions shown there.

You could also (setq tramp-chunksize 500) to see if that helps.

What are the values of the following variables?  Use C-h v to find
out.

    system-type
    system-configuration
    system-configuration-options