Re: Two weirdnesses (bugs ?) in tramp 2.0.34

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Two weirdnesses (bugs ?) in tramp 2.0.34
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 20:16:07 +0200

Gilbert Grosdidier <address@hidden> writes:

>  Since there is no obvious culprit which comes to your mind, do you have any
> protocol to suggest to me to try to trace what happens during one of these
> saving sequences ?

Load tramp.el instead of tramp.elc.

M-x toggle-debug-on-quit RET

Then invoke the operation that takes long.  Hit C-g.  Look at the
resulting backtrace.  Hit c to continue.  Wait a bit, to give things
the chance to move on.  Then hit C-g again and look, and so on.

After about 20 backtraces you will have a pretty clear idea what's
going on.

Describe your findings.

Thanks for your help!
--
Two cafe au lait please, but without milk.