Re: tramp (2.0.36); sometimes hangs on sending perl file attributes

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: tramp (2.0.36); sometimes hangs on sending perl file attributes
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 19:34:41 +0000

"Jason Lewis" <address@hidden> writes:

> I have problems connecting to some hosts, tramp hangs when sending perl
> file attributs.

Ah.  I wonder if it's the infamous tramp-chunksize thing again.
Please type C-h v tramp-chunksize RET and try out the suggestions
mentioned there and then tell us about your findings.

Do others with Emacs running on Windows see the same problems?

I know little about Emacs on Windows, are there different kinds of
builds, perhaps, and do they behave differently
w.r.t. tramp-chunksize, and if so, can they be told apart using some
of the system-* variables?

Kai