Re: Two problems with tramp & smb

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: Two problems with tramp & smb
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 20:31:08 +0000

Christoph Bauer <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm too busy this week  to figure out what exactly goes wrong,
> but my solution doesn't work. Would it be a good idea to set
> auto-save-file-name-transforms to nil, because it matches only names
> with a double colon (:)? (Maybe I'm wrong again.) But then
> creating of new files should work.

Yes, nil is a reasonable value for auto-save-file-name-transforms.  It
only means that Tramp files are auto-saved on the remote machine,
which is kinda slow.

But see the variable tramp-auto-save-directory.  I added it to Tramp
before auto-save-file-name-transforms existed; I think that old method
should still work.

Kai