Re: file-exists-p

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: file-exists-p
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 09:40:27 +0000

address@hidden (John M. Adams) writes:

> I am trying to get tramp to work with a cygwin non-X XEmacs.  The
> problem I see is that when I and try to visit /<host>:foo I get
> directory containing /<host>:foo does not exist.

Michael has explained that XEmacs uses square brackets by default.
But I have implemented the unified filename syntax for XEmacs, too.
You can use it like this:

(setq tramp-unified-filenames t)
(require 'tramp)

I don't use XEmacs myself, so I'm relying on XEmacs users to test
this.  Once it has been tested properly, I intend to suggest again to
the XEmacs community to use unified filenames.

If you are interested in unified filenames in XEmacs, then please be
my guinea pig and test it.  And report your findings.

Thanks,
Kai