Re: tramp (2.0.38); Tramp hangs while sending the Perl `file-attributes'

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: tramp (2.0.38); Tramp hangs while sending the Perl `file-attributes' implementation
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 21:36:07 +0100

Svend Tollak Munkejord <address@hidden> writes:

> Running the code in the example in Emacs on the Tru64 Unix system gave
> "Server subprocess killed" after receiving some x. And
> (setq tramp-chunksize 500)
> solved the problem for me.

But the system that Emacs is running on is your FreeBSD system, right?
Please try the example code in the Emacs on FreeBSD.

Whee.  This is getting quite interesting.  I have -current at home,
but I haven't tested the code, yet.  Lessee now.  [time passes]  Hm.
It says it sent and received 1000 bytes.

Also, the code is real quick.  So maybe it's a good idea to make this
test at load time, after all?  I didn't realize it would be that
fast.  Hm.  No, we can't do the test at load time, since some systems
(Windows...) might not have wc.  Darn.

Kai