Re: tramp (2.0.38); Tramp hangs while sending the Perl `file-attributes'

From: Svend Tollak Munkejord
Subject: Re: tramp (2.0.38); Tramp hangs while sending the Perl `file-attributes' implementation
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 09:33:30 +0100

On 2004-01-19, Kai Grossjohann <address@hidden> wrote:

> Svend Tollak Munkejord <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Running the code in the example in Emacs on the Tru64 Unix system gave
>> "Server subprocess killed" after receiving some x. And
>> (setq tramp-chunksize 500)
>> solved the problem for me.
>
> But the system that Emacs is running on is your FreeBSD system, right?

Yes, and I wanted to connect to the Tru64 Unix system.

> Please try the example code in the Emacs on FreeBSD.

OK. [trying...]
Strange. On FreeBSD-Emacs running under X, I get this the first time:

"Bytes sent: 1000       Bytes received:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

And the second time and upwards, Emacs says

"Bytes sent: 1000       Bytes received: 1000"

However, if I run emacs -nw, then I get
"Bytes sent: 1000       Bytes received: 1000"
every time.

On my laptop running Linux, I always get
"Bytes sent: 1000       Bytes received: 1000"
but still I can't connect to the Tru64 Unix syst without
(setq tramp-chunksize 500)

Regards,

--
Svend Tollak Munkejord