Re: contrib directory and autoconf

From: Adrian Phillips
Subject: Re: contrib directory and autoconf
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 08:58:15 +0100

    Kai> I wonder whether ./configure should check whether the files
    Kai> in contrib are available on the Emacs that's used to run
    Kai> Tramp.  And if not, maybe they could be copied into the lisp
    Kai> directory, or moved there, or something could be added to
    Kai> load-path.

    Kai> What do people think?

Um, my only thought was - how does this affect packages, e.g. Debian
package does configure on build machine which is missing other package
so contrib files not copied, or then again perhaps build-depends will
handle this anyway ? Or am I missing the mark completely ? :-)

Sincerely,

Adrian Phillips

--
Who really wrote the works of William Shakespeare ?
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shakespeare/